Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Consultant's Corner: Getting to Know Helen Leeke

  1. What was your career background before joining ESCH as a consultant?
    I am the VP of Marketing for WellPoint Systems. We provide software and related services to the energy industry.


  2. When did you get involved with ESCH?
    I became involved in ESCH in early 2009


  3. What inspired you to become an ESCH consultant?
    I was looking for a way to use my business skills in a volunteer environment. As I am still working full time, the project approach of ESCH works well for me.


  4. What has your experience been like so far?
    I have been assigned to one project thus far and am very impressed – both with the ESCH volunteer, John Wagner and the project – developing a marketing plan for Westview School. The team at the school are such an amazing group of dedicated people that have been an inspiration to me. Working under John’s leadership has taught me a lot about non-profits and how ESCH helps them be the best that they can be.


  5. What do you see as the biggest common issues or trends facing nonprofits right now?
    I don’t have a lot of insights on this, but I do believe that in this economy, funding would be a challenge.


  6. What has surprised you most in your experience with ESCH?
    I’ve been surprised and impressed by the impact that ESCH can have on these nonprofits. Even though our project at Westview is not complete, I feel that John and I have made a positive impact of the staff there. With each meeting, they become more aware of how marketing can help them – and how well they are at marketing. Little tidbits of knowledge go a long way.


  7. What do you do with your time when you are not working on ESCH client projects?
    Ha!! Good question. I work at my day-job!


  8. What else would you like to tell us about you?
    I have a husband who retires from Marathon Oil Company January 1, 2010. He serves on the Board of Susan G. Komen as their Treasurer. We have a 26-year-old who works as an energy trader for Citi, and second son who is a Freshman at St. Thomas High School – and plays in the high school band. We spend Friday nights watching STHS football! Our family fosters golden retrievers for Golden Beginnings and I am involved in my church – Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral.
    I look forward to the day (4 years from now) that I can retire and provide more service to ESCH

No comments: